St. John the Baptist Catholic Parish School and Preschool offers:
- A superior educational setting for students grades PreK-8
- A solid moral foundation, with an emphasis on integrity, responsibility and respect for self and others - Strong academics
- A caring, faith-filled atmosphere, wherein students grow in relationship with Jesus Christ - Individualized attention (class size is capped at 25 students per class) - A vibrant, dedicated and award-winning teaching staff
- A community wherein each student is personally known and encouraged to utilize his or her own unique gifts to achieve their best.
Our mission at SJB involves helping children:
- Become disciples of Jesus Christ
- Discover and live up to their full potential
- Develop responsibility and respect for self and others with a sense of gratitude
- Grow into strong, hardworking youth with a trust in and love for God
- Experience and spread JOY – Jesus, Others and You – in their lives
- Express their values through Christ-like service to the community.
Curriculum at St. John the Baptist is continually reviewed to assure the best teaching tools for our students. Classes include:
- Recognized hands-on science experimentation (multiple SJB students have reached the annual Top 10 in the National Discovery/3M Science Student Competition held in Washington D.C.)
- Spanish (focused on language/communication basics and cultural appreciation) - Music (band and choir options)
- Art history along with projects including pottery, cartooning, marketing awareness and award-winning stained and fused glass work
- Technology (including internet literacy/safety awareness components)
- Junior-Achievement-sponsored business units grades K-8 (ranging from an introduction to money in Kindergarten to budgeting skills in jr. high)
- A focus on study skills/organization - Integrated coursework (various subject areas coordinating together on certain assignments)
- Bullying Prevention program which increases student empathy and fosters greater staff-student connections via weekly smaller group sessions - Academic excellence across curriculums
- “Little Lights” Preschool for ages 3-5.
An on-site Student Resource Administrator works with teachers and one-on-one with students to assess and accommodate varying learning needs, offering special assistance options. An on-site counselor is available to meet with students as requested, along with access to a child psychologist. At St. John’s, we consider each and every student’s learning imperative, and our administration and staff work closely with families to meet student needs.
SJB School also incorporates a Prayer Partners program, pairing younger students with older mentor students. Prayer partners meet throughout the year, including joint work on service projects.
Faith is incorporated into topical class discussions and experienced through:
- Weekly all-school mass, including student participation in various ministries
- Religious studies
- Daily all-school and classroom prayer
- Seasonal retreats
- Teaching masses (whereby students learn the meaning/significance of the words, actions, vestments, etc. of the Mass, along with Q. & A. time)
- Religious presentations throughout the year
- Multiple service/outreach projects involving the wider community (nursing homes, military personnel, local food shelves, etc.)
- 8th grade vocation field trips
Varied extra-curricular opportunities also await our students, including student government, scouting, drama, chess club and championship Jaguar sports teams.
SJB School families experience a supportive community via:
- A respectful administration
- A teaching staff that partners with parents to provide the best education for their children - Parent/Teacher Organization and School Principal’s Advisory Committee
- Moms in Touch prayer group which prays for each student and staff member by name, as well as for any/all anonymous prayer requests
- The J-Care program, offered for SJB students grades K-8 ~ a fun, flexible, affordable, non-contract before-and-after school (& summer) care option, and our Little Lights Preschool Extended Care
- Volunteer opportunities that enable families to get to know one another and share their gifts and talents
- Multiple community events throughout each school year. We invite you to join us for an event and speak with some of our families.
Come see for yourself all St. John’s has to offer. To speak with us further or to schedule a private tour, call 651.633.1522.